Intercare Meets BIT: a congress on Medical Tourism in Italy’s most important trade fair. February 11, 14.00
The world of Medical Tourism and the world of Tourism will meet on February 11 at 14.00 in the Convention Medical Tourism: a strategic resource for Italian Health and Tourism sector.
February 11, 2018 from 14.00 to 17.00
MiCo – Milano Congressi (Entrance Fieramilanocity Gate Colleoni) level + 2
Room Amber 7
Intercare is Europe’s leading event in Healthcare Internationalization and Medical Tourism. The first edition received exhibitors from 9 countries and buyers from 21 different nations with over 800 visitors. BIT is one of the longest standing Tourism trade fairs in Europe and the most important event of its kind in Italy with 1.500 exhibitors and 50.000 visitors.
In the 2018 edition Intercare and BIT start joining forces to develop Medical Tourism sector in Italy and beyond. The starting point will be a convention with Italian and European Institutions and Operators’ Associations to lay the foundations of a cooperation between private and public sector and exchange experiences with other countries which are established destinations in Medical Travel.
The Medical Tourism Congress will feature three moments:
an overview of the state of Medical Tourism and the potential of Italy to become a destination and the role that BIT and Intercare can play in the scenario:
- Fabrizio Curci, CEO FieraMilano – Medical Tourism: a strategic sector for the development of Italy’s tourism flows and BIT
- Alessandro Santambrogio, Founder, Marketing Director Intercare –Intercare and Bit: a unique sinergy to boost visibility and attractivity of Italy in the health tourism market
a round table with the participation of Italian and European Institutions to define objectives and guidelines for development and exchange expreriences
- Dorina Bianchi, Undersecretary MIBACT – Health, Care and Wellness as new strong points in Italy’s incoming offer. How to develop them.
- Pierpaolo Lodigiani, Honorary Consul of Italy for Soutehrn Russia and Caucasus – The perception of Italy as destination of Medical Tourism in Russia and the opportunities on this market.
- León Herrera Santa Marìa, Economy and Commercial Consul, Embassy of Spain – The Spanish experience: the cooperation between private and public sector.
a round table with Italian and European Associations of operators to define needs and expectations of operators and benchmark experiences
- Ilaria Giannico, Secretary general UEHP (European Union of Private Hospitals) – A look at Europe: how different National Health Systems approach Medical Tourism.
- Gabriele Pelissero, President AIOP (Italian Association of Private Hospitals) – Medical Tourism and Healthcare Internationalization: how Italian private healthcare system must take this chance.
- Cristian Ferraris, Director of Organization, Development and Corporate Relations, Assolombarda Confindustria Milano Monza e Brianza – The Health cluster in Lombardy: how a territory can team up to create a comprehensive destination.
- Giuseppe Bellandi, President EHTTA (European Historic Thermal Towns Association) – Culture, health and territory: an integrated model of development.
Conclusions will be managed by Alessandro Santambrogio, Founder, Marketing Director Intercare, Destination Health, ItalyCares – Developing a Medical Tourism Destination: how to manage complexity.
The Congress will be moderated by Johanna Rossi Mason, health and scientific journalist
The Medical Tourism Congress is organized by BIT and Intercare in cooperation with Destination Health, the first global network of advisors in Healthcare Internationalization, and ItalyCares, the marketing platform for leading Italian medical excellencies.
Participation to the congress is free of charge upon registration on BIT website.